Kinder Camp is a place where children and staff work together to ensure that each child…
- develops a positive self-image, age appropriate skills, positive, trusting relationships, natural curiosity, and a creative potential.
- is accepted as an individual.
- increases competence in dealing with physical coordination, emotional feelings, social situations, communication skills and ideas.
- is finding out about getting along in a group – sharing and caring
- is developing skills that help increase self confidence.
Kinder Camp is for the youngest child, age 2-6 years. Only the children who have completed Kindergarten are eligible for Junior Camp. Parents of children participating in Kinder Camp must provide a car seat for travel. Campers spend part of their time at Pepperhill Day School and a part of the time at the camp.
When the children stay at the school they enjoy our air-conditioned facilities while doing cooking, arts ‘n’ crafts, music, dramatic play, science, and water tables. Our well-equipped playground is a favorite for all campers!
7:15am – Day School Opens
7:15-9:00am – Children arrive and Morning Playground Time
9:00-9:30am – Morning Assembly and Load Camp Bus
9:30-10:00am – Travel to Camp
10:00-11:00am – Scheduled Activities and Special Events
11:00-11:30am – Lunch
11:30-11:45pm – Prepare to swim
11:45-12:45pm – Swimming
1:30-1:40pm – Prepare for Departure
1:40-2:00pm – Travel to Day School
2:00-4:00pm – Nap Time
4:00-4:30pm – Snack Time
4:30-6:00pm – Free Play and Pick-Up
Travel to Camp:
Monday through Friday children travel to the farm on the camp bus. All Kinder Campers must be in a car seat or booster seat to ride the camp bus. Seats must be provided by parents.